Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecky is thrilled to get a summer placement on a weekend style magazine. She's always wanted to be a journalist, and this is an amazing start, but Becky's ambitions are for serious journalism - politics and current affairs. It's geeky, but there are only so many cosmetic features a girl can write, t like the satisfaction she'll get from exploring topical issues with real depth. Becky's resigned to doing the frothy stuff though, until one day on a train from Bath to London she overhears an intriguing and sinister phone conversation and cleverly switches on her dictaphone. It seems that the conversation is about illegal gold bullion and implicates some high standing politicians. Becky and her new 'colleague' Ben are determined to get to the bottom of it, but there are distractions; she's getting very close to Ben, who's much too old for her, and her dad - an MP - seems intent on thwarting the investigation. Becky soon starts to realise she's in deep water, both with the reportage and with Ben. So it's a relief when a friend of her cousin Jake, a boy her own age, starts taking an interest in her. She'll never forget her passion and is driven to succeed, but Becky finally realises that she needs to enjoy being a teenager for a while longer, before the serious stuff sets in. And it's while she's hanging out with her new boyfriend that she meets Ellie, a wannabee pop star, in the queue for the loos at an outdoor festival.
- Author BiographyLaurie Depp was born and brought up in the heart of the city in London. Growing up amongst such a varied mix of people - from market traders to city traders - and with nightlife to die for. She has been gathering material for her writing since her early teens. It's rumoured that Laurie is a distant cousin of that other famous Depp, Johnny, though Laurie will only say 'no comment' when asked. Consequences is Laurie's first published sequence of books for the teen market, and though she is often reclusive and prone to agoraphobia, she is occasionally spotted dining around her 'manor', wearing dark glasses and a cute blonde wig.
- Author(s)Laurie Depp
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleConsequences
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Weight314 g
- Width133 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.