All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionExplore Americas best-loved work days through 380 beautiful and fun postcard images from the early 20th century. They portray specific animals, children, flowers, and symbols that have come to identify each holiday, and some pretty weird events as well. Fascinating histories of each holiday are included, and what diverse backgrounds they have! For an appreciation of the weirdness of holiday recognitions, think of the images of a kid in a diaper kicking out an old bearded man, turkeys dancing, chickens dding to rabbits, and strange men dropping down chimneys to make children happy. The weird is integral to American holidays. All who celebrate them as well as artists, decorators, and postcard collectors will enjoy this book for the graphic styles it contains. Historians will marvel at the reasons these holidays are celebrated today.
- Author BiographyIrwin Richman, Professor Emeritus, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, is a widely known lecturer and the author and co-author of many books, including 10 for Schiffer Publishing.
- Author(s)Irwin Richman
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note382 color photos
- Weight730 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.