Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRemember those long, languid holidays when the only decisions to be made were what to pack in the Esky and who should get the front seat on the drive to the beach? Let William McInnes reignite your stalgia for holidays past, and give you a taste of the boundless opportunities that await in holidays to come in this book about our love affair with life away from the everyday. This book will take you back to the holidays you had as a kid and remind you of the ones you've had with your own family or friends or even the ones where you've flown solo. Holidays are the runway to possibilities - a romantic sunset, the spare seat at breakfast being taken by an attractive stranger, a miraculous airline upgrade - or missing bags, unfortunate rashes and wrong turns that lead to places you definitely did t intend to go. Whether you are away from home and somewhere exotic or just in your own backyard on a lilo in an above-ground pool, whatever happens, you kw that life is sweet because you're on HOLIDAYS. Whatever kind of holiday you've got planned, make sure you pack this warm and funny celebration of Australia's favourite national pastime. PRAISE for William McInnes's previous books: 'skilfully constructed...insightful, understated and very funny' Sydney Morning Herald on THE LAUGHING CLOWNS 'The Making of Modern Australia is a ripper' THE CANBERRA TIMES 'William McInnes compels with the sheer delightfulness of his memoir, and with his fine ability to spin a damn funny yarn' Sunday Telegraph on A MAN'S GOT TO HAVE A HOBBY 'funny and clever' Daily Telegraph on THAT'D BE RIGHT 'A big-hearted vel with character' Sunday Telegraph on CRICKET KINGS
- Author BiographyWilliam McInnes is one of Australia's most popular writers, delighting readers with his memoirs A MAN'S GOT TO HAVE A HOBBY and THAT'D BE RIGHT, his novels CRICKET KINGS, THE LAUGHING CLOWNS and THE BIRDWATCHER, and his insight into Australian life since the 1940s, written with Essential Media and Entertainment, THE MAKING OF MODERN AUSTRALIA. In 2011, with his wife Sarah Watt he co-wrote WORSE THINGS HAPPEN AT SEA, which was named the best non-fiction title in the ABIA and the Indie Awards in 2012. In 2014, he wrote HOLIDAYS, his unique perspective on the Australian obsession with taking a hard-earned break. Also an award-winning actor, William has won two Logies and an AFI Award for Best Actor for his role in the film UNFINISHED SKY. He received critical and public acclaim for his leading role in the film LOOK BOTH WAYS, written and directed by Sarah Watt, and recently starred in the ABC television series THE TIME OF OUR LIVES and HELLO BIRDIE. William McInnes grew up in Queensland and lives in Melbourne with his two children.
- Author(s)William McInnes
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight414 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.