CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionHolidays in Heck takes the reader on a globe-trotting journey to far-reaching places including China, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and the Galapagos Islands. The collection begins after the Iraq War, when P.J. retired from being a war correspondent because he was too old to keep being scared stiff and too stiff to keep sleeping on the ground. Instead he embarked on supposedly more comfortable and allegedly less dangerous travels - often with family in tow - which mostly left him wishing he were under artillery fire again. The result is a hilarious and oftentimes moving portrait of life in the fast lane - only this time as a husband and father of three. Adventures include: - The first stag hunt in Britain after hunting had been banned. If the British had been half as caring about Indians and American colonists as they are about animals, they'd still rule the world. - A month-long tour of mainland China's ecomic hubs where P.J. learned that the entire Chinese concept of political freedom and individual liberty can be summed up in the words, 'New Buick'. - A harrowing horseback ride across the mountains of Kyrgyzstan - towns, roads, people. If something happened to my horse it would be shot. For me, the medical treatment wouldn't be that sophisticated.
- Author BiographyP.J. O'Rourke is the author of 13 books, including Parliament of Whores and Give War a Chance, both of which were #1 New York Times bestsellers. His most recent book is Don't Vote!
- Author(s)P. J. O'Rourke
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight263 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.