All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines 2 Cor 6:14-7:1 and argues that its theological message is communal holiness. It culminates in an attempt to posit a Pauline theology of corporate sanctification in the Corinthian correspondence. Paul's view of sanctification, it is argued, should be seen as multifaceted: relational, communal, ethical, and mission-oriented. Thus, a coherent picture of Pauline teaching on holiness in the Corinthian correspondence emerges from this book. For Paul, the focus of God's redemptive activity is, primarily, the community and t the individual. Paul's view on holiness has to do with communal holiness within the people of God, the goal of which is to make God kwn to the wider society. In sum, this book argues that the teaching on holiness should t be, and cant be, satisfactorily explained in terms of the individual, but only as the individual stands in relation to the community of faith. Thus, the conclusion offers a corrective to some strands of modern interpretation that emphasize the individualistic, experiential aspects of Christian holiness, thus tending to reduce Christian holiness to morality.
- Author BiographyThe Author: J. Ayodeji Adewuya received his Ph.D. in New Testament from the University of Manchester, England. He teaches at the Church of God Theological Seminary, Cleveland, Tennessee. Prior to this, he served as a missionary in the Philippines for over seventeen years.
- Author(s)J. Ayodeji Adewuya
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.