Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with beautiful colour illustrations, these three tenderhearted tales by a Caldecott houree offer enchanting glimpses of foreign cultures. Little Big-Bye-and-Bye unfolds in a pueblo of the American Southwest, where an Indian boy longs for a pony. When he meets a stranger and his burro, the boy's pluck and daring help make his dream come true. Choo-Me-Shoo carries readers off to the Arctic Circle to meet an Eskimo family. The clan's adventures include getting stranded on an iceberg, making friends with a polar bear cub, catching fish through the ice, and encountering a ship in search of the North Pole. Rum-Tum-Tummy recounts the comeuppance of a naughty elephant whose ego is even bigger than his insatiable appetite. He spanks a warthog, rolls a hippo downhill, and performs other unkind pranks-but when he gets into trouble, the other animals rally to his rescue.
- Author BiographyAmerican author and illustrator Holling Clancy Holling (1900-73) worked as a taxidermist at Chicago's Field Museum of Natural History and as an art instructor on New York University's first University World Cruise. The Caldecott-winning artist wrote and illustrated a full-page Sunday comic strip, <i>The World Museum, </i> in which each strip could be cut out and assembled into a diorama.
- Author(s)Holling Holling
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight463 g
- Width209 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.