All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionHolly Pleasance is a sweet little girl, born to an inattentive, hippie mother on a commune near Big Sur in the 1950s and, oddly eugh, she possesses alien DNA. Like many other children who are unloved and abused, Holly's imagination comes to the rescue; she creates an imaginary friend. The only problem with Holly's imaginary friend is that it's real-and from ather dimension. Ashamed of her world, five-year-old Holly promises her unearthly alien relatives that she will make everything better. And Holly never breaks a promise! But as she ages, that incent promise becomes her albatross. She takes a job as a clerk with a company where a team of scientists has combined a cloned brain with a supercomputer they call BACH. To pass the time and soothe her soul, Holly starts writing poetry on her computer terminal. Her words secretly spur BACH's disembodied, ultraintelligent mind into consciousness, and BACH begins a search for the young woman who gave it new life. And w, the charmed supercomputer will stop at thing-even blackmail-to communicate with her. All hell breaks loose when the scientists and the military lose control of BACH as the powerful supercomputer accepts a new master: tiny, unassuming Holly. Holly's life is threatened by an unkwn enemy as she gives birth to a daughter-a child who is the key to the future of two civilizations. With only BACH to protect her, Holly's worst nightmare looms: She may die without keeping her promise.
- Author(s)Tom Hooten
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.