Hollywood Celebrates the Holidays: 1920-1970 by Karie Bible, Mary Nan S. Mallory (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.86+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionMarvelously illustrated with more than 200 rare images from the silent era through the 1970s, this joyous treasure trove features film and television's most famous actors and actresses celebrating the holidays, big and small, in lavishly produced photographs. Join the stars for festive fun in celebrating a variety of holidays, from New Year's to Saint Patrick's Day to Christmas and everything in between. Legends such as Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Crawford, Judy Garland, and Audrey Hepburn spread holiday cheer throughout the calendar year in iconic, ironic, and illustrious style. These images, taken by legendary stills photographers, hearken back to the Golden Age of Hollywood, when motion picture studios devised elaborate publicity campaigns to promote their stars and to keep their names and faces in front of the movie-going public all year round.
- Author BiographyKarie Bible has been the official tour guide at Hollywood Forever Cemetery since 2002. In keeping with her love of living history, she leads the tour in vintage gowns from her collection that spans the 1920s through the 1950s. Karie has appeared in the segments Hollywood Hideaways and Film Noir Fanatics for Turner Classic Movies and has been a guest on two TCM video podcasts. She has appeared on CNN and The Reelz Channel and co-authored the book Location Filming in Los Angeles with historians Marc Wanamaker and Harry Medved. With an undergraduate degree in film from Santa Fe University of Art and Design, Bible has lectured at LAs Silent Movie Theatre, the Old Town Music Hall, the Homestead Museum, and the RMS Queen Mary. Mary Mallorys love for vintage film began when she was a child watching classic movies on television. While earning her undergraduate and masters degrees from the University of Texas at Austin, she processed film collections at the Harry Ransom Center, conducted research for several important film biographies, and assisted in selecting photographs for the documentary Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind. After moving to Los Angeles, Mallory worked in film studios and photo archives while conducting freelance writing and research. She is the author of Hollywoodland and the eBook Hollywoodland: Tales Lost and Found. Mary blogs for The Daily Mirror, gives presentations, and consults on documentaries and books.
- Author(s)Karie Bible,Mary Nan S. Mallory
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Weight952 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.