Save on Audio Books
- AU $25.72Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $40.15Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.46
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $48.38
- AU $10.73Trending at AU $14.13
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.41
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $49.05
About this product
- Description1893 is a tough year in Montana, and any job is a good job. When Big Red and Old Red Amlingmeyer sign on as ranch hands at the secretive Bar-VR cattle spread, they're t expecting much more than hard work, bad pay, and a comfortable campfire around which they can enjoy their favorite pastime: scouring Harper's Weekly for stories about the famous Sherlock Holmes.When ather ranch hand turns up in an outhouse with a bullet in his brain, Old Red sees the perfect opportunity to put his Holmes-inspired detective talents to work and solve the case. Big Red, like it or t (and mostly he does t), is along for the wild ride in this clever, compelling, and completely one-of-a-kind mystery.
- Author BiographySteve Hockensmith writes a monthly column for Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, and stories featuring Big Red and Old Red appear regularly in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine. He is the author of Holmes on the Range, an Edgar Award finalist and the beginning of his highly successful Holmes on the Range mystery series. He lives in Petaluma, California. William Dufris began his audio career doing radio plays, audiobooks, film/animation dubbing, and language tapes in London, where he lived for thirteen years. While there, he had the honor of sharing the microphone in a number of BBC Radio plays with Kathleen Turner, Sharon Gless, Stockard Channing, and Helena Bonham-Carter. These experiences led him to cofound two audio production companies: The Story Circle Ltd. and Mind's Eye Productions. He has also acted on stage and television in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany. William is the original voice of Bob (and Farmer Pickles/Mr. Beasley/Mr. Sabatini) in the popular children's show Bob the Builder for the United States and Canada (Series 1-9). He produces, directs, acts and engineers for his audio theatre company, Rocky Coast Radio Theatre. He has been nominated nine times as a finalist for the APA's prestigious Audie Award and has garnered twenty-one Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine, which also named him one of the Best Voices at the End of the Century, as well as one of the Best Voices of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
- Author(s)Steve Hockensmith
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleHolmes on the Range
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)William Dufris
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.