All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Holy Bible is an idol to some, a dust-magnet to others, and an enigma to many. Is it word for word God breathed, as claimed by the apostle Paul? Holy Enigma! examines the Bible through the discerning eyes of a lifelong believer, one who loves the Good Book eugh to probe its eccentricities without condemning its virtues. Believe it or t, the Greatest Story Ever Told has a dark side. That's right, verse after verse, the Bible is chock-full of fascinating, sometimes shocking and almost never discussed lexis, you'll never hear in Sunday school. A distinctive Bible study, Holy Enigma! takes a fresh look at the ancient stories of the Near East. It introduces candor, humor, and commonsense into a careful assessment of God's word. In a heartfelt desire to spawn new interest in the Bible, the author opens a Pandora's Box by suggesting that belief in every biblical word insults the majesty of the Creator. Exploring the most bizarre passages, this work stands firm against evangelicals who flaunt the dogma of inerrancy. Holy Enigma! is sure to astonish and entertain while inspiring deep reflection for believers and nbelievers alike.
- Author BiographySteve Ward, retired after a career in high-tech innovation, start-ups, and business management, is now a full-time writer. He holds a Master of Science from Texas A&M and an engineering degree from Texas Tech. He graduated from the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 1990.
- Author(s)Steve Ward
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/10/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width144 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.