All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this insightful new book, farmer Gene Logsdon provides the inside story of manure - our greatest, yet most misunderstood, natural resource. He begins by lamenting a modern society that t only throws away both animal and human manure, but also spends a staggering amount of money doing so. He argues if we do t learn how to turn our manures into fertiliser to keep food production in line with our increasing population, our civilisation will inevitably decline. With his trademark humour, his years of experience of writing about both farming and waste management, and his uncanny eye for the small but important details, Logsdon artfully describes how to manage farm manure, pet manure and human manure, to make fertiliser and humus, covering a multitude of topics.
- Author BiographyGene Logsdon farms in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. He is one of the clearest and most original voices of rural America. He has published more than two dozen books; his Chelsea Green books include Small-Scale Grain Raising (2nd Edition), Living at Nature's Pace, The Contrary Farmer's Invitation to Gardening, Good Spirits, and The Contrary Farmer. He writes a popular blog at OrganicToBe.org, is a regular contributor to Farming magazine and The Draft Horse Journal, and writes an award-winning weekly column in the Carey, Ohio Progressor Times.
- Author(s)Gene Logsdon
- PublisherChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Content NoteBlack and White Line Drawings
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.