All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 29 C. E. and Jerusalem chafes under the Roman Empire's continued presence and oppressive rule. But in spite of that unpleasant fact of life, life goes on--but t for everyone. People die, some because it is their time, others by misadventure. One death in particular brings the City's daily routine to a halt. A badly scorched body is found behind the veil of The Holy of Holies--the Temple's inner sanctum, the most sacred space on earth for the Jews. No one except the High Priest may enter this place and he only once a year on the Day of Atonement. This is casual violation and the authorities are in an uproar. Gamaliel, the Rabban of the Sanhedrin, the ranking rabbi in all of Judea, finds himself drawn into solving this delicate mystery while dark agents with unholy interests, plot to seize control of much of the trade in certain highly profitable imports from the east and west. Loukas, the physician, plays Watson to Gamaliel's Sherlock as the tangled web of intrigue and murder is slowly unraveled, but t before more bodies, both literal and figurative pop up. All the while Yeshua, the radical rabbi from the Galilee, continues to any the High Priest and smoke, Holy Smoke, from the sacrifices rise from the Temple.
- Author BiographyDr. Frederick Ramsay was born in Baltimore, MD, graduated from Washington and Lee University and received his doctorate from the University of Illinois. After a stint in the Army, he joined the University of Maryland, School of Medicine faculty. In 1971 was ordained an Episcopal priest. He currently lives in Surprise with his wife Susan.
- Author(s)Frederick Ramsay
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleJerusalem Mysteries (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight295 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.