Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- DescriptionIn HOLY WAR, the final book of the Saladin Trilogy, telling the story of the legendary war leader who united Arabia, Saladin recaptures Jerusalem from the Crusaders, and prepares for his ultimate battle against Richard the Lionheart. A full-blooded historical adventure vel for all fans of Conn Iggulden, Bernard Cornwell, Anthony Riches, Ben Kane, Robyn Young and Simon Scarrow. While Saladin ruthlessly sets about uniting the whole of Arabia under his rule, the Kingdom of Jerusalem is torn apart by treachery and intrigue, and when the murderous knight Reynald of Chatillon raids a caravan heading from Damascus to Mecca and rapes Saladin's sister, the scene is set for war. In June 1187, Saladin marches into the Kingdom with an army of over 24,000 and imposes a crushing defeat on the Crusader forces at the Horns of Hattin. It is only a matter of time before he marches on a panicked and demoralized Jerusalem. But what about Saladin's longtime ally, the Saxon knight John of Tatewic? In the face of annihilation, is he friend or foe? It will take all John's kwledge of the man he calls his brother to negotiate a peaceful fate for Jerusalem - but this is t the end of the story. For in England the soon-to-be crowned King Richard has pledged revenge and a new Crusade ...
- Author BiographyJack Hight has a doctorate in history from the University of Chicago. He lives with his wife, daughter and dog in Washington, DC. Hight is the author of three acclaimed previous novels: Siege, and the first and second in the Saladin Trilogy: Eagle and Kingdom. You can find out more about Jack Hight and his writing and read his blogs at www.jackhight.com.
- Author(s)Jack Hight
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Saladin Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook Three
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/08/2016
- Weight662 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.