All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionLooking at the lives of the widow Tuchkova, hermit Anastasiia, peasant Matrona Naumova, to the aristocratic Aleksandra Shmakova and the Abbess Taisiia, this volume examines how these women created environments that combined monastic solitude with a community of like-minded women. Brenda Meehan seeks to demonstrate the sources and qualities of their holiness, and show how each woman represented a particular facet of Orthodox spirituality. The book also explores the aspects of women's religious ideals, including community, service, and reconciliation, that marked the religious communities founded by these women.
- Author(s)Brenda Meehan
- PublisherSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationCrestwood, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date18/10/2003
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight300 g
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.