Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionHomage contains a wide variety of work representing all strands of Johnson's work: versions from the Greek, traduced to an extraordinary degree; anti-war poems, overflowing with rage; stink-bombs tossed in the direction of some famous poets, mostly meant in an ironic, joshing way. But t all. And then there are memoir poems of persons met and places visited, that may well be documentary in nature, or may also be artfully disguised. Memory is, after all, an awkward thing, and t to be trusted.
- Author BiographyKent Johnson grew up in Uruguay and worked during the 1980s as a literacy teacher in rural regions of Nicaragua during the Sandinista Revolution. He is author, editor, or translator of twenty-some books and chapbooks, including three collections of poetry recently published abroad in translation. Translated into a dozen languages and appearing in more than twenty countries, his work has been selected for awards from Pushcart, the Illinois Arts Council, PEN, and The National Endowment for the Arts. In 2004, he was named State Teacher of the Year by the Illinois Community College Board. He lives in Freeport, Illinois, USA.
- Author(s)Kent Johnson
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight193 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.