Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA tale of misapprehensions, transformations and <i>rose</i> at lunch as one American couple quits their perfectly good jobs, packs up their house in Brooklyn and moves their family to rural France for a year. In their fantasy, <i>bons mots</i> would drip from every quaintly churlish local character, and their two n-French speaking daughters would soon make adorable Gallic best friends at the village school. Their clunky little American family would be magically transformed into graceful, fluent French people the moment they all donned berets. Yet despite the beauty of the landscape and the warmth of the air, things were t as the family had dreamed they would be. Nobody wore a beret, ever, and life with children in a foreign land proved more challenging than anyone had imagined. The book details the many delights of life in France, but also celebrates the all-too-human mistakes the family made as they bumbled towards magic during one year of their lives. In time, the family falls into the rhythm of daily life, rediscovering the only home that matters: the home they have in one ather.
- Author BiographyLauna Schweizer started school at age 3 and never left. She has worked with children of every age - from nursery school through college sophomores. When she's not at school, she writes songs, sings in a few bands, and blogs at launawrites.com. Launa lives with her husband and two daughters in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Launa Schweizer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.