Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.23Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you long to create picture-perfect rooms but can't quite seem to achieve them? Do you want better functioning spaces for working, playing, or living? Do you clamor to express your personal style? If you said 'yes' to any of these questions, you've turned to the right source for real answers from the pros. Home Decorating For Dummies, 2nd Edition is for all kinds of people in all kinds of decorating situations, including: first-time buyers or renters. You have a whole new place to decorate. Where do you start? Second- or third-time home buyers. Whether you've gone up or down in size, stayed in the same region or moved to a whole new one, you need to kw how to make your old furniture work in a new setting, how to add furnishings, and how to make your style seem fresh. Newly blended families. He has furniture, she has furniture, they have furniture. Can it all work together harmoniously? Indeed!And anyone else who loves decorating. Don't forget: Imagination counts. Each part of Home Decorating For Dummies , deals with a broad area of decorating, and each chapter contains specific and detailed information. You'll discover tips on basic planning - where to begin when you want to start decorating; creating surface interest - the effects of color, pattern, and texture, and the problems created by too much or too little of them; creating backgrounds - what you need to kw about the special decorating requirements of your walls; and tackling tough rooms - how to effectively decorate rooms that have special functional requirements.Accessorizing with art and other stuff - adding the final flourishes to every space in your place Home Decorating For Dummies, 2nd Edition contains all the basics - including how to figure out what you can spend; how to spend it; and the latest and greatest in styles, trends, and techlogy. What do you do with your space next? The possibilities are endless.
- Author BiographyKatharine Kaye McMillan, former senior editor of a New York City-based national magazine, is a writer whose work appears regularly in magazines and newspapers. She is a contributing writer to internationally circulated Florida Design Magazine. She is the co-author of several books on decorating and design, including Sun Country Style, which is the basis for licensed signature collections of furniture and accessories by three leading American manufacturers and importers. A graduate of the University of Texas in Austin, she holds a masters degree in psychology and is a doctoral student in psychology at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida. Patricia Hart McMillan is a nationally known interior designer, whose interior design work for private clients, designer showcases, and corporations has appeared in publications worldwide, including the New York Times and USA Today. Known as a trend spotter and for clearly articulated views on design, she is quoted frequently and extensively in both trade and consumer publications. She a ppears on TV and talk radio. A prolific writer, she is coauthor and author of seven books on interior design and decoration, with Sun Country Style signature collections of furniture based on two books. She has taught decorating courses at several colleges and conducted numerous seminars across the U.S. She is decorating editor for Christian Woman Magazine and reports on design trends for The Sun-Sentinel, a Tribune newspaper based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She has been editor-in-chief of two publications and was head of a New York City-based public relations firm representing some of the most prestigious names in home furnishing and building products. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, with a minor in art history (with an emphasis in architecture), from the State University of New York (New Paltz). She was awarded a certificate from The New York School of Interior Design.
- Author(s)Katharine McMillan,Patricia McMillan
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Note24pp colour photographs
- Weight618 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.