All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn Home Run: Escape From Nazi Europe John Nichol and Tony Rennell tell the incredible true stories of the British soldiers and airmen on the run through Nazi-occupied Europe - in their own words. Throughout the Second World War, thousands found themselves cut off behind the lines in Nazi occupied Europe - soldiers were left stranded on beaches after the chaotic evacuation of Dunkirk, airmen flying operations against the Germans were blasted out of the sky by flak and fighters. They were alone and on the run in enemy territory with just one goal - to get back to Britain and to safety. Some made solitary treks through hundreds of miles of enemy territory, others attempted precarious sea crossings in stolen boats. Many placed their lives in the hands of brave civilians who risked the wrath of a brutal regime if they dared to offer assistance. Life for the evaders hung in the balance and if they were to survive they had to rely on guile and sheer luck. John Nichol and Tony Rennell tell the dramatic story of the heroes who made it home ...and those who did t. 'Gripping, moving and thoughtful. The excellent team of Nichol and Rennell have done it again' Patrick Bishop, author of Fighter Boys John Nichol is a former RAF flight lieutenant whose Tornado bomber was shot down on a mission over Iraq during the first Gulf War in 1991. He was captured and became a prisoner of war. He is the bestselling co-author of Tornado Down and, with Tony Rennell, The Last Escape, Tail-End Charlies, Home Run and Medic, and author of five vels. He is also a journalist and widely quoted military commentator. His website is www.johnnichol.com. Tony Rennell is the author of Last Days of Glory: The Death of Queen Victoria and co-author of When Daddy Came Home, a highly praised study of demobilization in 1945, and with John nichol, The Last Escape, Tail-End Charlies, Home Run and Medic. He is a former deputy editor of the Sunday Times and writes regularly on historical subjects for the Daily Mail.
- Author BiographyJohn Nichol is the bestselling co-author of 'Tornado Down', The Last Escape and Tail -End Charlies and the author of five novels. Tony Rennell is the author of Last Days of Glory: The Death of Queen Victoria and co-author of When Daddy Came Home, The Last Escape & Tail-End Charlies.
- Author(s)John Nichol,Tony Rennell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Note24pp B/W inset
- Weight391 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.