All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhile men's violence to women is an everyday culturally supported activity, this reader demonstrates: that men's violence can be curtailed and that women and children can be assisted effectively; that state policies and provision can be improved; and that women can actively participate in the resolution of their difficulties. Bringing together new work and key papers Home Truths About Domestic Violence provides a comprehensive overview and up-to-date account of the progress so far, and identifies what still needs to be done. Areas covered include: * womens experience of violence * childrens experience of violence * personal experiences of the justice system * state policies on violence in the US and UK * educational programmes and initiatives. This substantial Reader makes a significant contribution to the understanding of domestic violence from both a policy and a practice perspective. Together with its companion volume Home Truths About Child Sexual Abuse it provides an in-depth resource for a wide range of teachers, students and professionals, highlighting the diverse and complex dimensions of the problem of domestic violence.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notefacsimiles
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCatherine Itzin,Jalna Hanmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.