All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Cunningham's celebrated vel is the story of two boyhood friends: Jonathan, lonely introspective, and unsure of himself; and Bobby, hip, dark, and inarticulate. In New York after college, Bobby moves in with Jonathan and his roomate, Clare, a veteran of the city's erotic wars. Bobby and Clare fall in love, scuttling the plans of Jonathan, who is gay, to father Clare's child. Then, when Clare and Bobby have a baby, the three move to a small house in upstate New York to raise their child together and, with an old friend, Alice, create a new kind of family. A Home at the Edge of the World masterfully depicts the charged, fragile relationships of urban life today.
- Author BiographyMichael Cunningham is one of our very best writers (Richard Eder, The Los Angeles Times ). An excerpt from A Home at the End of the World was published in The New Yorker, chosen for Best American Short Stories 1989, and featured on NPR's Selected Shorts. He is the author of two other novels, Flesh and Blood and The Hours. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Michael Cunningham
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication30/11/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.