All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen their traditional business - selling saris - is increasingly sidelined by the new fashion for jeans and stitched salwar kameez, the Banwari Lal family must adapt. But instead of branching out, the sons remain apprenticed to the struggling shop and the daughters are confined to the family home. As envy and suspicion grip parents and children alike, the need for escape - whether through illicit love or in the making of pickles or the search for education - becomes ever stronger. Very human and hugely engaging, Home is a masterful vel of the acts of kindness, compromise and secrecy that lie at the heart of every family.
- Author BiographyManju Kapur lives in New Delhi, where she is a teacher of English literature at Miranda House College, Delhi University. Her first novel, Difficult Daughters, received tremendous international acclaim. Her second novel A Married Woman was called fluent and witty in the Independent, while her third, Home, was described as engaging, glistening with detail and emotional acuity in the Sunday Times.
- Author(s)Manju Kapur
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication18/11/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Note1 Illustrations
- Weight283 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.18Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.