All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWill her soldier sweetheart make it home for Christmas? Lydia is in training to be a nurse when she first meets Robert and, despite the differences in their class and background, they fall head over heels for one ather. Robert is the nephew of a Lord, and Lydia a mere doctor's daughter - and a German doctor at that. While her parentage is hindrance to their relationship in peacetime, when war is declared Robert's family makes it clear they longer approve of the match. With means of contacting Robert on the Western Front, Lydia volunteers herself, joining the Red Cross. But her love affair with Robert has had more than one consequence...
- Author BiographyLizzie Lane was born and brought up in one of the toughest areas of Bristol, the eldest of three siblings who were all born before her parents got round to marrying. Her mother, who had endured both the depression and war years, was a natural born storyteller, and it's from her telling of actual experiences of the tumultuous first half of the twentieth century that Lizzie gets her inspiration. Lizzie now lives in Bath, preferring to lead a simple life where she can write without interruption.
- Author(s)Lizzie Lane
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight303 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.