All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.52
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to a year in the life of Alfalfa, a small town in middle- America, a farm community where you will meet...Hilbert TeBrake, who is convinced this is the year he will finally beat Earlie Prior in the giant cauliflower championship at the Alfalfa Fair...VanderLeek, Lubbers and Klop, three frugal farmers who together buy a boar named Wild Oats, then devise an ingenious plan to breed their own sows -- but only on Sundays...Robert Meyer the town photographer, a bachelor and the best friend a bride ever had...Dorothy DeHeer, a pastor's wife who dreams of a rendezvous in the Cayman Islands with a secret lover...Stories and characters which will remind the reader of Garrison Keilor.
- Author BiographyHugh Cook holds an MA from Simon Fraser University and an MFA. from the Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa. He is a retired Professor of English and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. His three works of fiction, all published by Mosaic Press, received wide critical acclaim. HOME IN ALFALFA has now gone into a second printing and has been adapted for the stage. The premiere of this stage work was held at Redeemer University College in 2007.
- Author(s)Hugh Cook
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.