All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen fun-loving, eighteen-stone Eileen Gillmoss anunces that she's expecting a baby, her husband Bill thinks it's ather one of her jokes. After all, it's twelve years since Edna, their youngest, was born. But when it sinks in that a baby really is on the way, Bill is over the moon and decides that the family should move out of their two-up, two-down house in Liverpool to one with more spacious accommodation. Eileen digs her heels in at first, reluctant to leave the house she loves and friends and neighbours so dear. But a scare early in Eileen's pregnancy strengthens Bill's resolve to provide a more comfortable home for his wife. Before Eileen kws what's hit her, she's installed in a smart home with posh new neighbours. Then tragedy strikes and Eileen must come to terms with a loss far greater than leaving behind her beloved neighbourhood. She tries to put on a brave face, but she can't fool the people who love her, who miss the smile on that round, chubby face and the laughter ringing through her house. They vow to make amends and fate steps in to lend a helping hand...
- Author BiographyJoan Jonker was born and bred in Liverpool. She led a rich and varied life and was devoted to her family. Before writing novels, she worked tirelessly for the charity-run organisation Victims of Violence which she founded in 1976. Sadly, Joan died in 2006, but she is remembered fondly by her family and friends and her multitude of fans.
- Author(s)Joan Jonker
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/08/1995
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Weight171 g
- Width111 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.