All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features 65 mouthwatering preserves with step-by-step recipes and more than 230 superb photographs. You can make your own preserves for every occasion with this collection of classic and contemporary pickles, chutneys and relishes. It includes recipes from all around the world that include Shallots in Balsamic Vinegar, Mediterranean Chutney, Mango and Papaya Relish, Blackberry and Sloe Gin Jelly, and Tangy Tomato Ketchup. Tempting serving ideas include Mango Chutney with potato wedges and sour cream; Apple, Orange and Cider Jelly with a rich game pate; Pickled Red Cabbage with bread and cheese for a wholesome lunch; and Lemon and Garlic Relish with a Moroccan tagine. the recipes are shown in 230 vibrant photographs, including stage-by-stage pictures and an image of each final dish. Preserving fruit and vegetables as pickles, jellies, chutneys and relishes is an age-old technique to make them last through cold winters when fresh food was scarce. Today, pickling and preserving forms part of a stalgic shift to a simpler and healthier life, and a rejection of artificial additives found in store-bought preserves. A short introduction shows the processes of preserving, followed by a delicious selection of pickles, chutneys and relishes, which will spice up any number of meals. From traditional English Pickled Onions to Kashmir Chutney, there is a recipe for every occasion.
- Author BiographyCatherine Atkinson is trained as a Cordon Bleu cook and holds a degree in Home Economics. After graduating, she worked in a number of hotels and restaurants, including the Roux Brothers' patisseries. Her catering experience led to work in publishing - creating recipes and styling food for photography - and she became Deputy Cooking Editor on Woman's Weekly and later Me magazine. She is currently a full-time writer and food consultant, writing cookbooks and contributing to various magazines.
- Author(s)Catherine Atkinson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 230 photographs
- Weight376 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.