All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.59Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a betrayal ends in tragedy, Katy seeks refuge from her abusive husband, Hank, in her quiet hometown of Cedar Branch, North Carolina. Taking up residence on the old family farm and landing a job at the local Quaker Cafe, she hopes to leave her troubled past behind. At the cafe, Katy finds allies, kind people willing to protect her and offer advice. There's the gracious owner who insists that manners prevail, the -nsense cook who tackles life with a cast iron frying pan, a Yankee transplant who doesn't bow to convention, and a shrewd Southern lawyer who sees a chance for Katy to profit from her predicament. But when Hank discovers her whereabouts, Katy's newfound peace is broken. As a heated standoff involving Hank, local and federal law enforcement, and the media ensues, how far will the Cedar Branch community go to avert violence and save lives?
- Author BiographyBrenda Bevan Remmes has spent her career in health-care education as adjunct faculty with the medical schools at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and the University of South Carolina-Columbia. Her stories and articles have appeared in Newsweek and Southern publications and journals, and her first novel, The Quaker Cafe, was published in 2014. Remmes is a longtime member of the Religious Society of Friends (Conservative) of North Carolina. She lives with her husband near the Black River Swamp in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Brenda Bevan Remmes
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication19/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleA Quaker Cafe Novel
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.