All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionIn the country's changing threat environment, homegrown violent extremism (HVE) represents the next challenge in counterterrorism. Security and public policy expert Erroll Southers examines post-9/11 HVE - what it is, the conditions enabling its existence, and the community-based approaches that can reduce the risk of homegrown terrorism. Drawing on scholarly insight and more than three decades on the front lines of America's security efforts, Southers challenges the misplaced counterterrorism focus on foreign individuals and communities. As Southers shows, there is true profile of a terrorist. The book challenges how Americans think about terrorism, recruitment, and the homegrown threat. It contains essential information for communities, security practitioners, and policymakers on how violent extremists exploit vulnerabilities in their communities and offers approaches to put security theory into practice.
- Author BiographyErroll Southers is an internationally recognized counterterrorism and public safety expert. He was a presidential nominee to lead a federal homeland security agency, a governor's appointee to the California Office of Homeland Security, Chief of Homeland Security and Intelligence at LAX, and an FBI Special Agent. Southers is currently associate director of a national security research center at the University of Southern California, an adjunct professor, and a consultant to governments and firms around the world.
- Author(s)Erroll Southers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.