All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first single-authored, comprehensive treatment of intelligence support to the full range of homeland security practitioners with a focus on counterterrorism and cyber-security. In the post 9/11 era, federal homeland security professionals rely heavily on intelligence to perform their tasks in all mission areas-prevent, protect, mitigate, respond, and recover. But this enterprise also includes hundreds of thousands of state and local government and private sector practitioners who are still exploring how intelligence can act as a force multiplier in helping them achieve their goals. Steiner provides a thorough and in-depth picture of why intelligence is so crucial to homeland security missions, who provides intelligence support to which homeland security customer, and how intelligence products differ depending on the customer's specific needs and duties.
- Author BiographyDr. James E. Steiner served in the CIA for more than 30 years, focusing on a variety of issues-from Soviet defense and economic issues to crime and narcotics. As Deputy Director for Crime and Narcotics, Steiner led the Intelligence Community's analytic program, and managed the CIA's operational programs aimed at countering illegal drug production and interdicting drug flows to the US; he was awarded the Distinguished Career Intelligence Medal. In addition, Dr. Steiner served as Intelligence Advisor to the director of New York State's Office of Homeland Security; was a consultant to the Chief Intelligence Officer at the federal Department of Homeland Security from 2006-2009; and has taught intelligence analysis at the FBI Academy. Currently a professor of public service at Rockefeller College, State University of New York, Albany, he teaches graduate-level courses in intelligence with emphasis on homeland security intelligence. Steiner earned his PhD from Georgetown in 1977.
- Author(s)James E. Steiner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.