All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionUnder the intolerable mid-day sun a troupe of Bedouins set up camp on land previously ruled by desert creatures: long-legged rats, who bury themselves in tunnels to escape the heat, snakes who lurk in the shade, wise old tortoises, wolves, and armies of ants. As the humans begin to search for food, a battle for survival begins. While the animals and humans fight, the humans also clash with a rival travelling family who have set up camp nearby. Neither hunger r marriage succeeds in uniting the two families and their conflicting customs, but when disaster strikes in this little patch of desert it is time for everyone -humans, rats, snakes, wolves and insects - to unite as one, under the same burning sky.
- Author BiographyAhmed Fagih was born in Mizda, an oasis village south of Tripoli, Libya. The most prolific writer of his generation in Libya, al-Faqih has published eighteen books, ranging from plays and short stories to novels and non-fiction essays. He has served as the chairman of The Arab Cultural Trust, the general secretary of Libya's Union of Writers and Artists, and the director of Libya's National Institute of Drama and Music. He is the author of the award winning trilogy Gardens of the Night.
- Author(s)Ahmed Fagih
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.