Homemade: Irresistible Homemade Recipes for Every Occasion by Clodagh McKenna (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiring compendium of recipes and advice, Homemade is packed full of ideas for every occasion, from stocking your pantry year-round to relaxed Sunday dinners and entertaining friends and family. Alongside this are household tips and helpful hints on everything from setting your table to selecting the perfect cheeseboard, a guide to wine and cheeses, a chapter on edible gifts, and tips and recipes for canning. Acclaimed cook, writer and TV presenter, Clodagh McKenna has built her reputation on championing local artisans, cooking with the seasons and respecting the traditional ways of doing things. Here she cooks from the heart with stunning recipes for lazy brunches, heavenly afteron teas, simple dinner parties, delicious lunches and cozy fireside suppers. Whether you re cooking for yourself, organizing and decorating your home or preparing for holidays and special occasions, Clodagh sets out to show how easy homemade really is and why just taking the time to do something as simple as preparing your own lunchbox can be so much more rewarding and healthy. Be the source of envy at work with a lunch of homemade vegetable chips or a steaming bowl of Spiced Butternut Squash Soup, a New York Reuben or Clodagh s signature Couscous and Chickpea Salad rather than the same tired sandwich. For family get-togethers choose from five different ways of roasting a chicken, including Thai-Style and Tarragon, White Wine and Garlic Butter. Treat everyone on a cozy fire-side dinner with Warming Cottage Pie and Fondue to Share. Impress friends with a lazy brunch spread featuring Classic Eggs Florentine or Baked Eggs, washed down with Bloody Mary s and completed with Pecan Swirls. The perfect modern companion, Homemade offers an essential guide to good food and a reassuring hand in the kitchen. Whatever the occasion, Clodagh s enthusiasm and easy instructions mean you can make the most of your cupboard staples and the best of the seasons. Homemade is the perfect gift for the holidays and for couples and newlyweds. The book offers inspired recipes and menus for easy, breezy fall and winter entertaining from a homey weekend gathering with family and a lovely afteron tea on a chilly afteron with friends to an intimate Christmas cocktail party or an elegant New Year s Eve supper.
- Author BiographyAfter studying in France and New York and training as a chef at Ballymaloe Cookery School in Ireland, Clodagh McKenna set up a series of farmers markets throughout Ireland. She currently writes for a variety of Irish newspapers and magazines. To date, she has written two successful cookbooks, each of which was accompanied by a television series. Clodagh also travels extensively, giving cooking demonstrations in the United States, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Holland. She has opened her own cooking school in association with the Village at Lyons in Ireland and launched a line of kitchenware. Clodagh s Irish Food Trails, Clodagh s new television series, launched on PBS on May 1, 2012. This 13-part series takes viewers on a fantastic journey through all parts of Ireland from Valentia Island, the most Westerly tip in county Kerry to Fanad Head in Donegal, the most Northerly point in the country, from Dublin s fair city to farms hidden in the remotest places in Ireland. With a passion for food and an enthusiasm for travel, Clodagh seeks out the very best in food, farmers markets, fishermen and artisan producers the country has to offer. Clodagh, who has recently appeared as a guest on both The Rachael Ray Show and The Nate Berkus Show, not only introduces viewers to Ireland s top foodie destinations, but she also takes part in adventures along the way. From visiting the Skelligs Rocks, twelve miles out in the Atlantic perched 600 feet above sea to taking a helicopter trip to Ireland s famous lighthouse on Fastnet Rock this series appeals to both travel and food fans alike. Visit her online at www.clodaghmckenna.com
- Author(s)Clodagh McKenna
- PublisherKyle Cathie Limited
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKyle Cathie Limited
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight921 g
- Width198 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographer(s)Alberto Peroli
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.