Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Collyer brothers has become a legend for almost all New Yorkers. In the late 1940s, the police found the bodies of two brothers in their mansion on Fifth Avenue, buried under piles of things that had been collecting all their lives. Sons of good families, blindness of one of them had led to the other spent the rest of his life to look after him and slowly, the two had made their home their fortress. E.L. Doctorow looks at everything that happens around the Collyers, whatever they are reluctant to live, but that gets into their home with overwhelming force: immigrants, prostitutes, jazz musicians, women of high society, government agents, gangsters, hippies ... Homer and Langley will witness exception, though reluctant, changes in the U.S..
- Author(s)MR E L Doctorow
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationSpain
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byIsabel Ferrer,Carlos Milla
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.