Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAn exciting debut for a Hebridean writer at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh - a tough and funny play about two orphans from the city forcibly transplanted to the Islands. 1967. Alex and Mary are 'homers', sent from care homes in Glasgow to the islands - to live with a new family. They are thrown into the kaleidoscope of island life: the teacher who barks in a strange language; the Minister and his penchant for Elvis; Andrena with her fetish for Hebridean delicacies. Alex pushes his new dad too far and is sent back to Glasgow into the care of Mr Pig, a sadistic butcher. But Mary, back on the island, has troubles of her own, so Alex finds himself on the ferry again, slicing through the black mirror of the sea...Poignant, fantastical, and unflaggingly hilarious, Homers is a brilliant first full-length play by a poet and writer from Lewis in the Hebrides.
- Author BiographyIain F MacLeod wrote Alexander Salamander (the story of a Teenage Pyromaniac), as part of the Traverse's Highland Shorts show in 1999. Born on Lewis, he now lives in Glasgow.
- Author(s)Iain F. Macleod
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.