Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionSome animals build astounding homes to provide shelter and safety for themselves and their young. From ants glueing leaves together to create a nest, to groundhogs engineering ermous underground towns, the creatures featured in this book create homes that are both unique and out-of-this-world. Find out more about these masters of engineering and learn how evolution has shaped the way each animal constructs their home and uses it. Vivid, arresting photography paired with captivating animal encounters make this book a thrilling introduction to some of the basics of evolutionary theory.
- Author BiographyTom Jackson has been a writer for 20 years. He has written more than 80 books and contributed to hundreds more. Tom gets to write about a wide range of subjects, everything from axolotls to zoroastrianism. However, his specialties are natural history, technology and all things scientific. Tom spends his days finding fun ways of communicating these kinds of facts, new and old, to all age groups and reading abilities. Tom lives in Bristol, England, with his wife and three children. He studied zoology at Bristol University and has had spells working at the zoos in Jersey and Surrey. Tom has also worked as a conservationist, which saw him planting trees in Somerset, surveying Vietnamese jungle and rescuing wildlife from drought-ridden Zimbabwe. Writing jobs have also taken him to the Galapagos Islands, the Amazon rain forest, the coral reefs of Indonesia and the Sahara Desert. Nowadays, he can be found mainly in the attic.
- Author(s)Tom Jackson
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNature's Best
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight348 g
- Width219 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.