All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlood sacrifice, the ritual slaughter of animals, has been basic to religion through history, so that it survives in spiritualized form even in Christianity. How did this violent phemen achieve the status of the sacred? This question is examined in Walter Burkert's famous study.
- Author(s)Walter Burkert
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication20/11/1986
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byPeter Bing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.