All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Charles Haycock is dead from a hearty dose of his own heart medication. The mystery is t <i>why</i> Haycock was murdered-very few could stomach the woman-hating prof?but <i>who</i> did the deed. Estelle Woody Woodhaven, a private investigator hired to find the killer, naturally enlists the help of that indefatigable amateur sleuth, Kate Fansler. Together, they start to pull at the loose ends of the very tangled Clifton College English Department. The list of suspects is longer than the freshman survey reading list. And as the women defuse the host of literary landmines set out for them, Woody suspects they?re only scratching the surface of a very large and sinister plot. . . .
- Author Biography<b>Amanda Cross</b> is the pseudonymous author of the bestselling Kate Fansler mysteries, of which <i>Honest Doubt</i> is the thirteenth. As Carolyn G. Heilbrun, she is the Avalon Foundation Professor in the Humanities Emerita at Columbia University. She has served as president of the Modern Language Association as well as vice president of the Authors Guild. Dr. Heilbrun is also the author of <i>Writing a Woman's Life</i>, <i>Hamlet's Mother and Other Women</i>, <i>The Education of a Woman: The Life of Gloria Steinem</i>, and, most recently, the <i>New York Times</i> Notable Book <i>The Last Gift of Time: Life Beyond Sixty</i>.
- Author(s)Amanda Cross
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2001
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight130 g
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.