All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHoney is a collection of recipes that showcase the sweet, rich, and sunny-colored delight made by nature's hardest worker-the bee. You'll be surprised at how versatile honey really is. Honey is a natural whole food that can be used in many different dishes and enjoyed in a variety of ways-this book introduces you to the countless possibilities of nature's sweetest natural ingredient. Honey can be used to great effect to add moisture and color to breads and baked goods; enhance the texture and depth of flavor in sauces and preserves; provide balance and an unexpected counterpart to savory side and main dishes such as roasts and seafood; and add its trademark understated sweetness to confections and desserts. In addition to featuring general guidelines on how to substitute honey for white sugar in all kinds of dishes, Honey also offers a wealth of information about the key ingredient. You'll learn about why bees are so essential to our ecosystem, the most common varietals of honey and their characteristics, and how to use honey to create brines that enhance the savory flavor of meats before roasting, smoking, or barbecuing. And if that's t eugh, you'll even learn how to make your own honey throat lozenges. Written by award-winning chef Angelo Prosperi-Porta, many of the recipes in Honey were inspired by the chef's Italian heritage, and his profound respect and admiration for bees.
- Author BiographyAngelo Prosperi-Porta has worked as a pastry chef at some of Western Canada's best hotels and restaurants, and ran the pastry kitchen at the Delta Mountain Inn in Whistler. In 2001, he and his partner, Ina, opened Angelo's Cooking School in at Cooper's Cove Guesthouse in Victoria, BC.
- Author(s)Angelo Prosperi-Porta
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight571 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.