All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a surprising and at times shocking visual journey through the narrow streets and urban wastelands of one of the most densely populated corners of the world. Hong Kong resident and World Press Photo Award-winning photographer Michael Wolf captures the lives and living conditions of his neighbours through the traces they leave on the city's dense architecture and dark back alleys. Supported by thought-provoking texts by art critic Kenneth Baker and designer Douglas Young, this is a humanistic tribute to the ingenuity of city-dwellers.
- Author BiographyMichael Wolf studied photography at the Folkwangschule, Essen. In 1995 he moved to Hong Kong as a contract photographer for Asia. Douglas Chi Chiu Young is a designer and founder of the lifestyle store G.O.D. Ltd (Goods of Desire), with stores in Hong Kong and Singapore. Kenneth Baker is the art critic for the San Francisco Chronicle.
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2005
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note71 colour illustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width270 mm
- Height365 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographer(s)Michael Wolf
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.