Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book of poems by Pat Morrell-Donnelly about Horing God, Horing Family, Horing Friends, and Horing Country. It is a very personal book but she hopes readers will relate to the thoughts in her poems. It is an attempt to pay homage to those that have touched her life in their own special, unique way. The dictionary states, Hor is about respect, recognition, and esteem shown to others. Reverence implies, Profound respect mangled with love, devotion, or awe. Pat states, For those of us that had loving parents, loving families, and lifetime friends we have been greatly blessed. And to have been born into an exceptional country like the U.S.A., even as a child of the depression, kwing struggles and adversities, we still have been doubly blessed. She says, Trials and challenges only made us stronger. We believed if we wanted anything monetarily we had to work for it. We never thought of relying on the government. Pat says, Unlike some of our citizens today being brainwashed, we were ALWAYS proud of our country. We believed in being responsible, working hard to attain a better life, and always treating others as we would like to be treated. Horing is a book of poems about faith, hope, and love and inspirational and motivational thoughts. Also poems about her precious family, her loved ones and friends, and poems in memory of those that have gone on before us. Also poems of appreciation for our great country and those that have sacrificed and paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Thoughts in these poems come from difficulties and challenges and losses experienced while traveling her life's journey, and hopefully they will touch the reader's in a way to better equip them to face their own challenges and adversities. Strength derived from family and friends and Pat's strong faith has brought her through many difficult times and while she can't speak to all she is hoping through these poems she can show her appreciation for the part many have played in her life. For these she will be forever grateful.
- Author(s)Pat Morrell-Donnelly
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.