All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first modern calculus book to be organized axiomatically and to survey the subject's applicability to science and engineering. A challenging exposition of calculus in the European style, it is an excellent text for a first-year university hors course or for a third-year analysis course. The calculus is built carefully from the axioms with all the standard results deduced from these axioms. The concise construction, by design, provides maximal flexibility for the instructor and allows the student to see the overall flow of the development. At the same time, the book reveals the origins of the calculus in celestial mechanics and number theory. The book introduces many topics often left to the appendixes in standard calculus textbooks and develops their connections with physics, engineering, and statistics. The author uses applications of derivatives and integrals to show how calculus is applied in these disciplines. Solutions to all exercises (even those involving proofs) are available to instructors upon request, making this book unique among texts in the field. * Focuses on single variable calculus * Provides a balance of precision and intuition * Offers both routine and demanding exercises
- Author BiographyCharles R. MacCluer is Professor of Mathematics and director of the industrial mathematics program at Michigan State University. His first interest was algebraic number theory but later turned to the more practical disciplines of control theory, signal processing, building science, and industrial problems. He is the author of Industrial Mathematics, Boundary Value Problems and Fourier Expansions , and Calculus of Variations .
- Author(s)Charles R. MacCluer
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2006
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note38 line illus.
- Weight542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.