All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sally Kirk's son, Will, was diagsed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), she did everything she could to understand his condition and to find ways of improving his quality of life. In this book, Sally shares the story of her journey with Will and how her discovery of biomedical interventions significantly improved his behaviour and changed their lives for the better. Based on personal experience and extensive biomedical research, the book shows how important it is to understand both the child's mind and body, and explores how, when underlying physical problems are treated, brain function and troublesome behaviors often improve. It describes in depth the most common physical problems for those on the autism spectrum and the variety of treatments available such as minimizing exposure to heavy metals and toxins, alterations in diet, and use of vaccinations. This positive, practical book tells a personal story of hope and provides a wealth of essential information on biomedical interventions for parents of children on the autism spectrum. It will also be a useful resource for therapists, medical professionals and adults with autism-spectrum diagses.
- Author BiographySally Kirk lives with her husband and their three boys in Midlothian, Virginia. Over the years, the diagnosis of her son Will changed from motor delay to ADHD to Asperger's syndrome despite numerous therapies, special education and treatments. Biomedical interventions, starting three years ago at age eleven, continue to have a dramatic and beneficial impact on Will's life.
- Author(s)Sallie Kirchhoff,Sally Kirk
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight571 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byElizabeth Mumper
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.