All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionPowerful poetry, in stark, beautiful language, which paints portraits of the Peruvian poor, their courage, their life and their hopes as seen by one who lives with them and loves them. Valuable reading.
- Author BiographyLuis Zambrano Rojas, Peruvian priest-poet-teacher, was born in Ica, Peru. He studied philosophy, pedagogy and theology in the Facultad de Teologia Pontifica y Civil in Lima. He did postgraduate studies in Europe, receiving the degree of Master in Theology from the University of Innsbruck in Austria in 1978 and the degree of Doctor in Theology from the University of Tubingen, Germany in 1982. On his return from Germany he began his work as a Pastoral Agent in the Diocese of Puno, Peru. For ten years he served in the Capellania de Chejolia, Huayna Pucara y Capullani on the outskirts of Puno. In the years between 1986 and 1991, years in which the terrorist group the Shining Path was very active in Puno, he was the Vicar in the Vicariate of Solidarity of the Diocese. Since May of 1994 he has been the pastor of the City of God parish in Juliaca, Puno. Zambrano has published articles in diverse journals of Peru, Germany, Austria and Switzerland and has other published works. His four books of poetry, here translated into English for the first time, have been published several times in Spanish and German. A social realist, Lucho Zambrano Rojas defends the poor with his pen in much of his poetry. The simple beauty of his many other poems has a universal appeal.
- Author(s)Luis Zambrano
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication09/08/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byVictoria Marie Forde
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.