All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an incredibly engaging voice with a lot of heart, Hope Is a Ferris Wheel is the story of a little girl trying to figure out who she is while trying making sense of the world around her. Ten-year-old Star Mackie has just moved to a new town where she lives in a trailer park with her flakey mum and her melancholy older sister, Winter, whom she idolises. Moving to a new town, coupled with Star's unusual fashion sense and layered blue hair, has made it difficult for her to make friends, so Star decides to start her own club at school. Initially named the Trailer Park Club in order to teach other students about the positive aspects of living in a trailer park, the (very small) group evolves into a poetry club where Star discovers a love of Emily Dickinson and through Emily's poetry (especially the poem Hope is the thing with feathers ), learns some important lessons about herself and her own hopes and dreams for the future.
- Author BiographyRobin Herrera received her MFA in writing for children at Vermont College. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Robin Herrera
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintAmulet Books
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.