All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionKen Follett and the intrigue of World War II---a winning formula- (Entertainment Weekly) if ever there was one. With his riveting prose and unerring instinct for suspense, the #1 New York Times bestselling author takes to the skies over Europe during the early days of the war in a most extraordinary vel. . . . It is June 1941, and the war is t going well for England. Somehow, the Germans are anticipating the RAF's flight paths and shooting down British bombers with impunity. Meanwhile, across the North Sea, eighteen-year-old Harald Olufsen takes a shortcut on the German-occupied Danish island of Sande and discovers an astonishing sight. He doesn't kw what it is, but he kws he must tell someone. And when he learns the truth, it will fall upon him to deliver word to England--except that he has way to get there. He has only an old derelict Hornet Moth biplane rusting away in a ruined church--a plane so decrepit that it is unlikely to ever get off the ground . . . even if Harald knew how to fly it.
- Author BiographyKen Follett is one of the world's best-loved authors, selling more than 160 million copies of his thirty books. Follett's first bestseller was Eye of the Needle, a spy story set in the Second World War. In 1989 The Pillars of the Earth was published, and has since become the author's most successful novel. It reached number one on bestseller lists around the world and was an Oprah's Book Club pick. Its sequel, World Without End, proved equally popular, and the Kingsbridge series has sold 38 million copies worldwide. The third book, A Column of Fire, will be published by Viking in Fall 2017. Follett lives in Hertfordshire, England, with his wife Barbara. Between them they have five children, six grandchildren, and three Labradors.
- Author(s)Ken Follett
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight249 g
- Width107 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.