All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHorouta is the definitive history of the descendants of the voyaging caes that brought the first settlers from Polynesia to the lands that stretch from East Cape to rthern Hawke's bay. Assembled through painstaking historical and genealogical research over more than 70 years by Rongowhakaata Halbert and his family, this outstanding work of scholarship is destined to serve the needs of all New Zealanders, and especially the peoples of Gisborne and the East Coast, for generations to come.
- Author BiographyRongowhakaata Halbert (1894-1973) was an authority on East Coast genealogy and history, renowned for his command of te Reo Maori. He was a member of many eminent boards, and adviser on Maori issues and language to bodies including the Maori Land Court, the Polynesian Society and the Department of Education. Horouta, his life's work, was brought to publication after his death by his descendants, led in the last stages by the late Te Nonoikura Haronga and the late Peter Gordon.
- Author(s)Rongowhakaata Halbert
- PublisherOratia Media
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintLibro International
- Content Noteb/w maps
- Weight2178 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.