All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA student guide to this popular literary genre. Contains tips and further reading for successful study at undergraduate level. A series of introductory books, the Genre Series offers students, writers and academics a window into some of the most popular topics, styles and periods in literature. Designed to be user-friendly, each volume shares the same structure, including: A broad definition of the genre and its essential elements A timeline of historical developments Critical concerns to bear in mind while reading Detailed readings of several key texts In-depth analysis of major themes and issues Signposts for further study A summary of the most important criticism in the field A glossary of terms An antated, critical reading list. Authors covered in this volume include William Peter Blatty, Ira Levine, Bram Stoker, Shirley Jackson, Angela Carter, Mary Shelley, Stephen King, Anne Rice and Washington Irving.
- Author BiographyGina Wisker teaches English at Anglia Polytechnic University.
- Author(s)Gina Wisker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleContinuum Introductions to Literary Genres S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.