Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionMore horror movies are produced and released each year than any other film genre. While horror enjoys broad popularity, many hardcore fans voraciously consume films from their favorite subgenres while avoiding others entirely. What does this say about the films and their audiences? This primer and reference guide defines and explores 75 alphabetically listed subgenres of horror film, from Abduction to Witchcraft. Each chapter provides a critical survey of the subgenre, a detailed examination of its characteristic elements and themes, and a discussion of 3-4 exemplary titles as well as other titles of interest.
- Author BiographyChris Vander Kaay is an author and screenwriter, and his most recent film, The Redemption of Henry Myers, premiered on the Hallmark Movie Channel. He has written articles for Bloody Good Horror and Creative Screenwriting Magazine. Kathleen Fernandez-Vander Kaay is an author, screenwriter, and poet who co-wrote the script for the award-winning short film Freund, based on the life of cinematographer and The Mummy director Karl Freund and was a contributing writer for the Deseret News. Chris and Kathleen split their time between Florida and Nevada, USA.
- Author(s)Chris Vander Kaay,Kathleen Fernandez-Vander Kaay
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note43 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.