All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures new full-color photos and online resources Train, care for, and have fun with your horse If you're crazy about horses, this hands-on guide is all you need to giddy up and go. Featuring updates on breeds, boarding, nutrition, equipment, training, and riding, as well as new information on various equine conditions, this resource shows you how to keep your horse happy - and take your riding skills to the next level. Discover how to Select the right horse for you Feed, groom, and handle your horse Recognize common horse ailments Have fun in the saddle Get involved in equestrian competitions
- Author BiographyAudrey Pavia is the former editor of Horse Illustrated magazine and an awardwinning freelance writer specializing in equine subjects. She has authored articles on various equine topics in a number of horse publications, including Thoroughbred Times, Horses USA, The Western Horse, Appaloosa Journal, Paint Horse Journal, Veterinary Product News, and USDF Connection magazines. She has written four horse books besides Horses For Dummies, including Trail Riding: A Complete Guide (published by Wiley in 2005). In addition to her experience as an equine writer, she is also a former managing editor of Dog Fancy magazine and a former senior editor of the American Kennel Club Gazette. She has authored more than 100 articles on the subject of animals and has written several books on various kinds of pets. Audrey has been involved with horses since the age of 9. She has owned and cared for horses throughout her life, and has trained in both western and English disciplines. She currently resides in Norco, California. Janice M. Posnikoff, DVM, is a graduate of the Western College of Veterinarian Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Canada. She owns Orange County Equine Veterinary Service, a private veterinary practice in Lake Forest, California; is a contributing author to The Ultimate Horse Care Book; and is a contributing editor to Horse Illustrated magazine. Janice has been around horses all her life, has trained in dressage, and has worked as a groom for both racetracks and training barns.
- Author(s)Audrey Pavia,Janice Posnikoff
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight591 g
- Width187 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- faye-4604 Jan, 2013by
Terrific book well worth the buy
Bought it for my g/daughter because she thinks she knows everything about horses and riding. It is a great book and I think she got the message
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.