All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDerry Moore's photographs celebrate the extraordinary beauty in the trappings and traditions of the equestrian world. Offering a privileged glimpse into the lives of jockeys and cavalrymen, Spanish riding schools, and Midwestern rodeos, these pictures take the reader to paddocks, courses, and stables the world over and reveal the customs and passions of equestrian culture. From stablehands grooming before an English country hunt to blacksmiths shoeing showhorses to pull royal carriages in Spain, and from immaculate dressage riders at Chantilly to roughshod jockeys in the dusty fields of India, Moore's photographs offer a profound and romantic insight into the connection that binds us to these animals. With contributions from legendary owners and trainers, this elegant book paints a picture of an entire equestrian world, from the racecourses of Keeneland in Kentucky to the training stables at Newmarket, and from the majestic working Suffolk Punches to Frankel, the most valuable stud in the world. Moore's work-with a unique eye for character, t just in his portraits of the horses but in the details of their surroundings-is a fitting celebration of a lifestyle that continues to inspire.
- Author BiographyDerry Moore is the author of Rooms and In House, both published by Rizzoli. Sir Richard Stagg is a former British ambassador and high commissioner. Ian Balding is a British trainer of racehorses. Sir Humphrey Wakefield is an English baronet and expert on antiques and architecture. Clare, Countess of Euston is Lord-Lieutenant for Suffolk and a breeder of Suffolk Punch horses.
- Author(s)Derry Moore
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note150 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1814 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.