All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.39
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.89
About this product
- DescriptionSunhaven Downs, a drought ravaged cattle station in outback Australia, is the home of Dane, Lani and Matthew Winter, three young outback riders whose lives revolve around their horses. When their city cousin, Amy King, comes to live with them for a year and declares she hates horses, they kw their year will be ruined. What they don't kw is that Amy has a secret - a secret she is desperate to keep from her outback family, something that will ultimately save their lives on the night the drought breaks. The book begins gently at first, with humour and glimpses of typical outback station life as the cousins clash, then builds to a galloping speed as tragedy strikes, changing their lives forever. Drought, storms, the Min Min lights, horses, a car accident, a wild ride through a storm, death, grief and triumph...it is an inspiring story showing how young people can overcome heartbreak and adversity and rise up to achieve more than anyone imagined. Suitable for children and young teens, the story would also be appreciated by adults with an interest in horses or outback Australia. It is a book that is easy to read with action and emotions that will take the reader on a wonderful ride through the lives of the Outback Riders. This is the first book in the series. Book Two will released in 2012 and follows the Outback Riders as they investigate the mystery of the Min Min lights on Sunhaven Downs, leading them into danger and suspense as events once more gallop out of control. Author Leanne Owens is an English teacher with a Masters degree in Education who lived in the outback for many years, helping to run large properties and train horses. She has written freelance articles for horse magazines since the 1980s and has also written for and worked on a horse themed television series. She is a well kwn and respected identity in Australia's horse industries and horses from her famous Horses Of Gold stud have won over thirty national titles including numerous National Champion Quarter Horse buckles. Her diverse background and experience with children, horses, the outback and writing make her well qualified to write this new and exciting series about the Outback Riders.
- Author BiographyAuthor Leanne Owens is well qualified to write about the outback, horses and children. In the early 1980s, Leanne moved to the Muttaburra region near Longreach in outback Queensland after finishing university. There, she trained horses, helped her husband manage his family's sheep and cattle property and did freelance writing for horse magazines. After leaving the outback, Leanne completed a Masters in Education and taught English and History at high school. She established the renowned horse stud Horses Of Gold and, with her husband and daughter, campaigned their horses around the country winning over thirty national titles. A well known and respected identity in the horse industry in Australia, Leanne continues to write for horse magazines, teach part time at high school, compete with her horses at national level and has even worked on a horse themed television series.
- Author(s)Leanne Owens
- Date of Publication10/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.