All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of medicine becomes science when supported by evidence. The recommended practices of infection prevention are based on scientific and epidemiologic evidence. However, most health care professionals see them as mandates and fail to incorporate them into their routine patient care activities. The core goal of this publication is to link the practices to the principles they are based on. The expectation is that understanding of the principles will change the practices from mandates to should do in the minds of health care professionals. This will lead to improvement in health care by preventing unintended harm to patients, co-workers and the communities at large. At the same time, the text provides a comprehensive, thorough and up to date information on all aspects of infection prevention in a reader-friendly manner and therefore, will serve as a valuable reference.
- Author BiographyDr. Chand Wattal, MD, Clinical Microbiology is the Chairman of department of Clinical Microbiology & Immunology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Nancy Khardori, MD, is a professor at the department of Internal Medicine: Division of Infectious Disease and department of Microbiology & Molecular Cell Biology in Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA. They have previously co-published a book on Emergencies in Infection Diseases from head to toe .
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight559 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChand Wattal,Nancy Khardori
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.57Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.